Sunday 24 October 2010

3D Spatial continued...

So on Monday I got carried away with how much I enjoyed 3D Spatial!! Then I got really busy doing the work for 3D Spatial that I left my blog for a bit but here is how the rest of the week went!

Day 31.
So today in 3D Spatial we continued drawing our structures, which I really enjoyed! The first half of the morning we carried on drawing on the piece of paper we did on Monday, so i ended up filling a whole A1 page double sided which I was really pleased with! For the rest of the morning we moved to a different structure to do some drawings, these were timed with different exercises to do which I also found really useful. I ended up with some great drawings I thought!
Then in the afternoon we went outside into the air, and drew objects or things based on the words: boundary, line, edge, junction, joint, connection, levels, mapping, gap, opening, light, slice, angle and support. This was good, we didn’t have long but I liked it even though it was really cold outside and raining! So then we ended the day with our brief for Wednesday and Thursday!
Day 32.
So today I had my contextual studies seminar which was very interesting as it was based around the idea of Art vs. Design. We had to give our views on how they are different. To me design is a person designing a building for everyone to see, however this is art because they have designed it how they want and think looks good. This is the same way an artist makes a piece of work, as they do what they want and that feels good to them. To me they are similar things both have the same characteristics just a different title. It was very interesting to here what other people had to say. Hopefully this debate in its own way, will help me to choose which pathway to pick! Fingers crossed!
Day 33.
So today I set out to do what was asked of me for 3D Spatial on Friday. I went to the Southbank to draw things which related to the words above (on day 31). I enjoyed it, finding things that worked and also able to draw! However all my drawings were quick because it was really cold in the shade of the Southbank! I also took photos and then got them developed! It was a good day! YAY!!!
Day 34.
Today was based around the drawings and the photos we took on the past two days! The brief for the morning was to make 3 hand sized structures out of the items we had to bring in, like paper, clips, plasters and elastic bands! I enjoyed it, trying to pick the best photo or drawing to come up with a good structure. Below are the pieces I made and the photos they came from!

So here is a photo of the joint of a bicycle. Then below in the newspaper and cocktail sticks is my interpretation of the joint. I quite like this piece, however its not my favourite piece.






Below is a picture of  bridge/support which I found interesting! Then below in black is my interpretation of the bridge, this I don’t like, because it looks like a centipede which creeps me out, out well!!




Below is a photo of a building on the Southbank, which I really like. Then below in orange is my interpretation of the building which I really like. I like the shape which I have created with the cuts I have chosen and the colour really works I think!!! This is the piece which I will make four more off, I really like it!



So I have decided to pick this piece to focus on because I think its got the most potential in it to make a good piece of work, but also I just really like it. I like the cuts, folds and the fact that it looks like my photo, but its also different in its own way! YAY!!!
So in the afternoon today, we went outside again, to take photos of our pieces in position with buildings to the side and things like that to make it look like a proper building! I think this looks really good!!! See the pictures below!



These are the only two that I liked, the others I didn’t think really worked, oh well! However I'm not sure if my structure needs more work or not? Just changing it a tad, we shall see over the weekend! One thing I will change is the material I used. I want use paper I'll use card, same colour though!!!!
Weekend.
So I have kept the same structure and I'll see how Monday goes with this piece! I have made five structures of the same in card, over the weekend and I'm pleased with how they look!!! I have also researched the word Modular for Monday! Looking forward to it!!!!!!!! YAY!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment