Friday 25 March 2011

Drawing to the Wall!!

As I have said before in my FMP I wanted to include drawing in my orject, as its one of my strongest skills I feel. However apart from the begining of this project when I drew quite a bit, I drifted from doing drawing for a bit and concenstrated on doing my fabric pieces and my oddbods.
So I have decided to do some more drawing, as you can see in my previous blog post. However the drawings before I feel should have been done on a bigger scale, as they were'nt even the size of A1. So over the weekend I am going to to some bigger drawings on my wallpaper. I am going to do them bigger then A1 and go the size of a wall I think. I will also draw on the sewing machine this size, which could be a challenge but I'm willing to give it ago.
Now that I am trying to draw bigger I thought I'd go straight to wall with a drawing today. I brought some black electrical tape and drew it. I drew an image of a hair model wearing a wig, as shown on a previous post. This drawing is good as I found it really difficult, drawing on a big scale as you cant see exactly what you are doing, so I had to step back quite a few times to check it was looking as good as I wanted it to be. I was pleased with this drawing, however the electrical tape I bought was to thick so I cut it down the middle to make it thinner, so in some places it's thicker then others. Over the weekend I will have a look for thinner tape. I drew with tape today as for the exhibtion Michelle would like me to draw with pen straight to the wall, so today with the tape it was to make me feel more confident in my ability's. It helped I think, so hopefully it will go to plan.
Please see my photo's below of my drawing in the process of being drawn. Also at the bottom there is a photo showing the scale of my drawing with a chair next to it, showing how large it actually is.
I'm really pleased, so hopefully when I find thinner tape I will be even more pleased!!!!







I like how the electrical tape looks like a pen mark as its solid and strong but really it is tape!!! YAY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Very impressive again - looks even bigger than you - did you have to stand on the chair to do the hair ? Think the chair in the forrground adds not just prespective do adds a different dimension somehow to the whole picture . Maybe the woman is tired and wants to sit down ? Dad

    ReplyDelete