Wednesday 17 November 2010

Reading Week!

So this week was reading week! I used it to relax but also I had work to do for Fashion and Textiles so I did it!!! We had to take photographs of things we thought were overwhelmed and overloaded. This I thought was quite a good title and am looking forward to researching it!!! So I took photos of overflowing bins with paper, poppy wreaths for remembrance day, bookshelves double stacked. It was really quite interesting. I also used some photos from my holiday in Canada this year like waterfalls, animals and mountains. This was going well and I was enjoying it. I also started collecting items I had to bring in from Monday, I collected highway code books, stuffed toys, birthday wrapping paper, train tickets, keys and other things so that I had two bags full of 'stuff' ready to draw for Monday!!!
I also did lots of artist research I looked up artists like:
  • Martin Parr a photographer taking photos of people sunbathing who really don’t need to and I thought this was just great, really humorous I thought.
  • Leigh Bowery, who's work I thought was really overwhelming and scary.
  • Ann Wilson, who overworks material with stitching and this I really liked!
  • Jim Lamby, who's work is so colourful, full of strips and bold colours which I really liked! (So did my Dad!)
  • Grayson Perry, who designs pottery then overwhelms them with patterns and pictures, which is overwhelming to look at but I really love!!!
  • Guiseppe Acrimboldo, a painter who's work involves people but created in fruit which I think works really well!!!
These are the artists I researched and I really liked there work!

Then for the rest of the reading week I went home, as I was my sisters 13th birthday and I couldn’t miss that as I already miss her too much!! It was lovely! Then I drove up to my grandparents house in Stoke-On-Trent! These days at home where lovely and allowed me to just see so more things for inspiration for my project overwhelm and overloaded!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment