Sunday 21 November 2010

Monday 15th- First day of fashion and textiles

Right my blog has become a bit empty in the past two weeks, and I feel really bad about it! These two weeks of fashion and textiles have been really busy, also UCAS has thrown everything in the air too! I tired to do my blog last week when I went home but my computer didn't seem to like blogging! Oh well!






I hope you like my installation; I was quite pleased with it myself! Once all the installations were up we then started drawing, we were told to draw sections for a minute then we had ten seconds to add some colour to the piece. This I quite enjoyed however I hadn’t drawn anything for a week, so my drawings at first were a bit stilted.
In the afternoon we drew on either A1 or A2 paper. We were given four drawings that we had to do.  The first one was to draw the silhouette of the objects in front of us, this I struggled with, but I quite liked my drawing when I finished. Drawing two was to draw the outline of the objects’ but in wet media. This drawing I didn’t like what I did, oh well! The third drawing was of our whole installation but in our other hand, so I drew in my left hand instead of my normal right hand. Unfortunately I didn’t get round to doing the fourth the drawing, but that was to have two different backgrounds then draw on top, this sounded quite fun so was a shame I didn’t get round to it. 
I really enjoyed my first day in fashion and textiles, I felt I got out of it and learned new skills. But I was so tired at the end of the day. Drawing takes it out of you, you wouldn’t of thought it would do! YAY!!

Tuesday 16th
We were asked to take more photos for overwhelm and overload today, I wanted to go to IKEA but I couldn’t find a route there so I went to John Lewis instead I had a great day looking around all the Christmas things. But I went to take photos of groups of things like, sunglasses on shelves, belts hanging up, sweets in jars and necklaces hanging up. I was quite pleased with the photos took. So I went home and printed some of those off. I also started on my little books that I was asked to make, one based on snippets of colour then another A5 book based on proportion. This I enjoyed doing, but I didn’t think my outcomes where the best I've ever done, but I think I prefer working bigger than smaller really. Oh well!!! Tuesday was a good day I thought!!! YAY!!!!

Wednesday 17th
UCAS lecture today nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Panicking know, that’s fun!

Thursday 18th
Today we created our installations again, but with much more care and attention then before and I think it looked much better!!! The colour palette worked and the objects looked good! YAY!!! Unfortunately I had to rip up my Harry Potter book and that was sad but my Art work is other it I guess!!! We did some more drawing this afternoon, which was good, I like drawing so I was happy!!! See some pictures below of my better installation!




This picture above this the picture I have taken my colour palette from, I have taken the pastel orange, the mint green, the pastel green and the red/pink!



Friday 19th
Today I did Monoprinting for the first time ever! I really enjoyed it and I was really pleased with the results!!! There's something about it which I really enjoyed! Not knowing what its going to look like when you do it I really enjoy, the surprise!!! Below see my pictures of my first ever mono print!!!!!!!


Above is a negative monoprint of my 3D glasses!


Above is a Positive mononprint of my 3D glasses!


Above is a postive and a negative mono print of circles which I took from the wallpaper as my background! I also cut out a circle and added some stictching which I think looks quite good!!!



Above is a 3D piece I created from my Monoprint above, above, then I sewed it together to create a sculpture which I really like!! YAY!!!

Also today I continued drawing my installation and creating backgrounds which I struggled with, today I was slightly homesick which made me struggle. Oh well, I enjoyed my first week in fashion and Textiles!

Weekend
Saturday I did lots of work in the morning, I did lots of sketchbook work from pictures of my installations, I was in the zone!! I was really pleased! Then I went home for the weekend to see my brother and sister as my parents were on holiday for the weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment