Sunday 7 November 2010

My Chosen Area!!!!!!!!!!

So on Tuesday I had my Assessment in which I sat with my tutor and discussed my work I had created in the past eight weeks! This I was really nervous about, however it turned out to be a really interesting and informal conversation, which made me feel at ease and I really enjoyed it actually. From this Assessment, Fiona my tutor, picked up on what I know I do all the time. This is the fact that when I am asked to create a final piece from the ideas I have already created I go stiff and don’t create the same feel in the work I have done in the build up to the final piece. I hope this makes sense! So this is an area I need to work on, to relax! Also that I put myself down to much! I do it all the time I don’t believe in myself and everyone tells me off about it, but it always happens. This was aimed at my Vis Com work, as she said it wasn’t as bad as I thought! My drawing apparently is also very strong and I need to keep at it!
Finally I have settled on my area I am going into, which is.................. FASHION AND TEXTILES!!!!!!
Its the area that I felt the most comfortable in and enjoyed and feel that I will get the most out of which is important! However Fiona said I need to be careful with my material choices and this will help me get the most out of the area. Also I may feel that I want to change to go to Fine Art, its a possibility but I think I will enjoy Fashion and Textiles.
Also one quick question, the tutor we had for this assessment is that our tutor for the rest of the year, or do we have one in our area also? I'm wondering, if we have two or one? Does this make sense?
Anyway bring on Fashion and Textiles!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment